Joey Jordison from Slipknot.
Welcome to the "drumtalk hierarchy [img]wink.gif[/img] ," Stavis...you can hold your head up high & proud now, dude [img]wink.gif[/img]
Boz, I'm assuming you mean Barker...but who the heck is "Joey"? [Kramer?!]...[I KNOWS it ain't "Heredia"]... [img]wink.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 29, 2003 03:01 PM: Message edited by: FuseU1 ]</font>
Joey Jordison from Slipknot.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah we only talk about drummers who can REALLY Play......And who arent some MTV generated plastic mess......................So if you are looking to talk about those overated punks here...You've got the wrong place....Originally posted by Bozzio:
Glad to have u here, i'm afraid u'll miss all the Joey/Travis talk [img]wink.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ October 29, 2003 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Bozzio ]</font></font>
If wanna talk real drummin' then you have found your place....
Oh... [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
Well, allll-RRRIGHTEY, then, P!.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yea, because if you can't play as well as Vinnie or Dave you probably shouldn't be drumming.... [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
originally posted by: Manos
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]eek.gif[/img] !!!!Yea, because if you can't play as well as Vinnie or Dave you probably shouldn't be drumming....
Welcome Stavis, youll get serious info here [img]wink.gif[/img]
..."Yea, because if you can't play as well as Vinnie or Dave you probably shouldn't be drumming"...[a li'l sarcasm, there? [img]wink.gif[/img] ]
I get it, Manos [img]wink.gif[/img] - you make a valid point here...
We can discuss many or a lot of diff drummers... based on business handlings/dealings, gear, dealing w all the trppings & problems that come as a result of "fame," how they "got where they are," approach to writing/creating parts to tunes, etc etc [constructively]...
But at the same time, it's not at all unfair to say that some on here are, in their classiest, unflaming way, gonna razz a few of the so-called "players" that become popular w the masses...that's just 1st amendment stuff [as long as it's handled right - not overly insulting &/or done in a comical way, & you don't insult Stv's sense of decorum! [img]wink.gif[/img] ]...but, aside from personal stylistic preference, i seriously doubt anyone [esp in here] is gonna say that VC, DW, & the like aren't worth the accolades that they receive [i know you didn't imply that]; whereas certain other drummers may or may not be...
*sigh* ...Oh, well....
It just sucks because it's not like those guys are going around claiming to be badasses - people are just bashing them because their bands got popular. On the other hand, if someone were to say something like that about Mike Portnoy, I wouldn't mind... because he tries to pass it off that he's some sort of drummer extraordinaire. That's all I was saying. I don't disagree with the abilities or inabilites of any of the aforementioned drummers in this thread. I know I just would hate it if I were in a band that got popular and then people reassured my beliefs that I suck [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh yea, and Fuse, you got it [img]wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Miss it? More like glad not to have and put up with it. I hardly ever post on the Pearl forum anymore, unless it's for the purpose of dissing Joey.Originally posted by Bozzio:
Glad to have u here, i'm afraid u'll miss all the Joey/Travis talk [img]wink.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ October 29, 2003 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Bozzio ]</font></font>
This does appear to be a much more mature forum, with lots of fans of Vinnie (he's one of my favorites).
I've already learned a few things before I even started posting (like the time sig. 27/16 existed).
I'm sure I'll enjoy myself. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
you guys can talk about whoever you want here as long as disagreements in opinion are stated constructively and without personal insult.
Bookmarks